Refashioning a house dress.
First thing i had to do was rip off the sleeves. I really wanted to see if I could do a simple rolled hem and make it look half-way decent… RIP RIIIP. Great fun!
After trying it on at this point, I realized that it was really just a tent with pockets, so I got really very daring and decided to master the use of darts under the bust. When it was still to big, I literally took it in along the front, closing the placket front and taking it in about three inches all around. Now its a pull-it-over-your head kind of thing.
And a view of my attempt at adding shape. The dress is screaming for styling help, which I will attempt to give. See, the nice thing is that if I mess this up, I was only going to throw it away anyhow!